COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAMINATION
The eye examination we provide may include the following tests depending our your needs.
- Tests the size of letters that can be seen at a distance and near 20/20, 20/40, etc.
- Tests the alignment of the eyes
Visual Field Test
- Checks peripheral vision, which is important in detecting vision loss in glaucoma and detecting masses in the brain
Color Vision Testing
- Color deficiencies are common to the male gender
Stereo Vision Testing
- Checks if the eyes work together or independently
- A special light is shined into the eyes and lenses are used to find an estimate of your prescription. This is a very important test when assessing young children.
- An instrument is used to estimate your prescription, similar to retinoscopy
- Determines the prescription for your eyeglasses and contact lenses
- Allows views of the inner parts of the eye such as the lens, optic nerve, and retina
- Although we can see inside the eye without dilation, the drops allow a much better view to help us diagnose your needs
- The drops can also prevent the eyes from focusing
- Tests the pressure within the eye
- The “glaucoma test”
- Patients with higher pressures can be at risk for glaucoma, but people with normal pressures can have glaucoma, too. This is not a definitive test. Many other factors can influence whether someone is at risk for glaucoma.